Content writing and copywriting services
Making words work harder for your recruitment business
What do I do?
After 15 years in recruitment I am now fulfilling my ambition of writing for a living. I am a content writer, a copywriter and an author of children’s, middle grade, and young adult fiction, but to sum it up in one word, let’s just say I am a writer.
I consider myself very lucky that I’m able to split my time between my two specialties – I harness my creative side to write fiction that sells, before putting my corporate hat back on and engaging the business side of my brain in order to write compelling content that drives sales for recruitment businesses.
As an author I take people’s imaginations on a journey. I take them to far off lands and allow them to meet new people and experience different ways of life. Through my words I enable them to see things they’ve never seen before, to feel a multitude of emotions, and to experience things they would never experience in their own everyday lives. I entice them to consider things they’ve never thought of before.
Stories have whole new worlds inside them, and whilst you’re immersed inside one, you can be whoever you want to be, go wherever you want to go, and do whatever you want to do! To tell a story therefore, is to light a fire inside a person, to pour emotions into hearts and fill minds with wondrous ideas – whether you’re telling a story about a bear in the woods or describing a remarkable new product or service offering. Stories are powerful – people can lose themselves inside a story, and they can find themselves in there too.
Can you tell I’m intensely passionate about words?
I love how words are so incredibly powerful. They are capable of inflicting injury or remedying it. They are capable of breaking hearts or making people laugh out loud. They have the inexhaustible power to lift people up to the highest heights and convince them they can conquer the world! They can ignite a spark, they can sell dreams, they can draw people in, solve problems, make people fall in love. Words can inspire people to think and feel things they’ve never felt before, and most importantly for you, as a recruitment business, words can inspire people (candidates and clients) to take specific action.
So, I use my flair with words to write fiction that entertains, but I also use it to write content – engaging, relatable, shareable content for recruitment businesses. I take people on a journey, and through my words I inform, educate, entertain, or inspire.
Switching between writing fiction for children and young adults and writing for recruitment businesses has rendered me skilful at changing up tone of voice, point of view and word choice, in order to attract and engage different audiences. In short, I use different voices for different readers, and I can help you find or develop your brand voice, too.
Content writing vs. copywriting – what’s the difference?
I’m asked this frequently. Content writing and copywriting are not the same. There is considerable overlap, yes, but there are some key differences between the two.
Copy refers to any kind of text that’s been designed for marketing purposes in order to sell products or services, or inspire the reader to take specific action or engage with a company in some way. It’s all about conversion. The words you see (perhaps on landing pages, product pages, brochures, adverts etc) that invite a reader to take action or engage with a company in some way – that’s copy. Such calls-to-action might include buy now, sign up here, join the mailing list, read this report, book a trial, leave a review, call us now… you get the gist. Copywriting is therefore somewhat salesy, as it’s all about persuasion. But copy is more than just a bunch of words strung together – strong copy uses a certain language and a combination of carefully chosen words and phrases that will evoke emotion and trigger a reader to make a decision to act. Remember, it’s all about conversion.
Content isn’t usually sales focused, and is more concerned with informing, educating, advising or inspiring readers. The content is usually designed to provide value to the reader, which in turn strengthens the relationship between the reader and the brand, building loyalty and trust over time. Readers are then more likely to turn to that company when they have a particular need. When it comes to content, think helpful, educational, informative, inspirational or entertaining content that people are likely to share on social media, blogs, websites, or via email.
To sum up, copywriting is content, but content isn’t automatically copywriting. Copywriting is persuasive and results-driven, and is designed to gain sales or other conversions. Content writing is informative, inspirational or entertaining, and is meant to be enjoyed and shared.
Recruiters – content is everywhere, so how will you get yours to stand out?
Anyone can write content, but writing supercharged and effective content that actually makes your marketing work harder for your recruitment business, is not easy.
Let me help you with that.
Call me or drop me an email!
What kind of things do I write?
Who do I write for?
I write web copy, blog posts, articles, professional bios, case studies, company values and mission statements, corporate documents, email copy, job descriptions, job adverts, industry reports and more.
I write for recruitment businesses who want to increase their visibility, engagement, and ultimately revenue. I am happy to discuss work that is on a one off, sporadic, regular or retained basis.
How will working with me directly benefit you?
- Take the time to understand your business, your products or services, your target audience, and ultimately your marketing goals.
- Undertake thorough research in order to understand the subject area, including any current issues and future trends. Such targeted research increases the credibility of the content I create.
- Help you come up with creative concepts, or generate ideas on your behalf for articles, newsletters etc.
- Use carefully selected words to build trust and loyalty between your brand and your customers, positioning you firmly as the authority in your field.
- Loyally represent or help you find and develop your tone of voice, bringing your brand to life and giving you a distinguishable online presence.
- Help you attract and retain the right audience across all online channels.
- Help you supercharge your website and bring life and personality to your pages, drive traffic to your website, and ultimately increase conversion rates.
- Help you to identify the emotions you need to evoke in your readers, and use the right word combinations and storytelling tactics to trigger those feelings.
- Make complex subject matter easier to understand by writing in jargon free, plain English.
- Make dull topics more interesting to read, keeping your readers engaged and encouraging them to return.
- Ensure your meaning is conveyed correctly by cutting through the fluff and getting to the core of the message.
- Write powerful, intelligent, persuasive and effective copy that will make your marketing work harder for you.
- Create compulsively readable, engaging and valuable content in various formats for multiple platforms, that engages, educates, entertains, inspires, and gets people talking and sharing.
- Help you repurpose outdated or ineffective content that requires a fresh pair of eyes, whether it needs a full makeover or just a little help matching it to your brand voice.
- Provide editing and / or proofreading services for any current content – refining grammar, style and punctuation for readability and accuracy.
- Save you the time and worry of creating consistent, effective content that won’t just get buried in the sea of words that’s out there.
- Give you the benefit of my writing experience AND industry experience.
- Work with you until you’re over the moon with your content.
I’m a self confessed word nerd who is honest and reliable, personable yet driven, and I’m a passionate perfectionist who delivers on time, every time.
There are writers, then there are writers with first-hand recruitment experience!
(that’s pretty powerful!)
I am passionate about helping recruitment businesses achieve their strategic marketing goals with awesome content and copy.
I’d love to hear from you, so please do get in touch – email me, call me, drop me a text, whatever works for you. We’ll have an initial chat about your requirements and I’ll send you a tailored quote along with my terms and conditions. Then we’ll talk more, either face to face, over the phone or via Zoom (again whatever works for you), to go through a thorough project brief and agree timescales. Finally, I’ll get to work, while you get back to doing what you’re best at.
It’s that simple.
Shall we talk?
Call me or drop me an email!